CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Buttermilk Cornbread

One more...

Cornbread

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 8 in square pan.

2. Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.

3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until tootpick comes out clean.

I made chili twice last month and this was the best cornbread recipe I came across. It is really, really good. It just might be the best cornbread ever!

2 comments:

MoM B. said...

I love Cornbread !!!

Rebekah B. said...

Can't count (because it would not be pretty), the number of times I've made this cornbread since you posted it. I think you're right, it may well be the best cornbread I've ever tried! Good as muffins too.