CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bread


This is the bread recipe I've been using lately. It is pretty good and I haven't had a bad batch yet.

Wheat Bread

1 3/4 cup cold water (some ice)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 Tbsp salt
2 1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup gluten flour

Mix these ingredients together. Meanwhile, prepare the yeast mixture and allow it to rise.

1/2 cup warm water (on the hot side)
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1/2 tsp. sugar

Add risen yeast. Mix. Then add:

2 - 2 1/2 cup white bread flour

Mix until the dough starts to clean the sides of the bowl. Knead about 10-15 minutes. Let rise until it doubles (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours) and punch down. Put into 2-3 loaf pans and let rise again to the top of the pan. Brush with 1 beaten egg. Bake at 375 uncovered for 5 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool for 4-5 hours.

I usually make 2 loaves with this recipe in my kitchenaid. The girl that I got the recipe from doubles it and makes 5 loaves in her bosch. We don't eat a ton of bread so one batch lasts about 3-4 weeks for us. It freezes really well too.

2 comments:

Katie S said...

How funny! I made this recipe this morning before I checked this blog. It's a great recipe.

MoM B. said...

Beautiful loaf!!! Thanks goodness for KitchenAids!