CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meatball Subs

Robert used to think I was really wierd for getting a meatball sub when we'd go to Subway. Then he tried one and now he understands they are really quite good! We have them every now and then at home.

1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
dash of salt
1 egg
1/4 cup shredded cheese

1 can spaghetti sauce

Mix in a bowl until blended. Shape into medium sized meatballs and cook in a greased 9 x 13 dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce (use as much or as little as you like). Bake at 400 degrees for 45 min.

Serve on hoagie rolls (I usually get mine off the day old rack - they are much cheaper that way!). The meatballs are usually too big, so we cut them in half - 2 meatballs are enough for a sub.

The kids prefer theirs just plain - not on a hoagie.

2 comments:

EaGLeSToNs said...

Thanks. I make meatball subs too. I think I'll try your recipe sometime though. It looks really good. I like to toast my hoagie roll under the broiler and melt the cheese on it.

Katie S said...

That sounds good, too. We'll have to try it. The boys sometime have theirs with pasta. It's very flexible.