CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Decadent Chocolate Dessert Pizza

The girl that hosted our April book club made this and it was wonderful!!! I had to get the recipe and share it!

18 oz. package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/3 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
14 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 large banana, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped

1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of large cookie sheet. Using a lightly floured roller, roll dough to a 12 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15 min. or until edges are set (cookie will be soft. Do not over bake.) Remove from oven; cool 10 min. Carefully loosen cookie from pan; cool completely on pan.

2 - Place chocolate morsels in microwave bowl, uncovered on high for 30-60 seconds, stirring after each 20 second interval. Add cream cheese; whisk until well blended. Spread chocolate mixture over cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge.

3 - Reserve one strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries and slice. Slice banana. Arrange strawberries around the edge of pizza; arrange banana slices in center of pizza. Chop almonds and sprinkle over banana slice. Create a strawberry fan with the reserved strawberry. Garnish pizza with the strawberry fan. Cut pizza into wedges using a pizza cutter; serve with a spatula. Yields: 16 servings

4 comments:

EaGLeSToNs said...

This sounds really good. Do you have a picture of it? I'm not sure I understand how to do the presentation. I guess I could figure it out though.

Katie S said...

I don't have a picture, but you can lay out the strawberries and bananas the way you want (I plan to, anyway). I was thinking of using kiwi rather than banana. Wouldn't that be good?

Tori and/or Clark said...

yummy. you should make it and invite me over so I can see how it's all put together! or I will just figure it out myself.

Rebekah B. said...

This sounds so yummy. Maybe you should make this when we're all there in Utah. I don't know if I can wait that long before trying it though.